LED or light-emitting diodes are increasingly used in homes and different commercial places. Compared with other types of popular lights such as incandescent and halogens, LEDs are more useful and popular as these give more soothing light and consume very little electricity. As LEDs are highly shock proof and durable, these can be used in varieties of ways, including LED light strips.
Apparently, buying LED strips seems easy, but there are many factors, which should be taken into account before buying the right one to meet the purpose. Read on to know more.
Types of LED strips:
LED light strip is a broad term which implies different types of LED lights that come in long strips. Depending on how the strip is going to be used, right type of strip needs to be chosen. Here are different types of LED light strips available:
· Aluminum LED light strips
· Self-adhesive LED light strips
· LED rope or encased flexible LED light strips
· LED ribbons or Non-encased LED light strips
· LED light bars or Rigid strips
Few factors to be examined:
· While buying an LED light strip, buyers commonly make a mistake by looking at the length of the strip only. Though this is important, the strips need to be closely packed with LEDs with the highest amount of LEDs per foot. If the units are far apart from one another, clean light will not be emanated from the strip. Counting the number of LEDs per strip is a tough job. This varies from one brand to another – some brands advertise 100 LEDs per meter while many others promise 40 LEDs per foot.
· Depending upon the brightness needed, perfect strip is to be selected. Over the years, the LED technology has improved manifold. LED units are now brighter than ever. The brightness is measured by lumens, and the brands print the measurements on the packages. But here again, there is no common standard. Some manufacturers define lumen on per foot while others define it on meters. The buyer should calculate and compare the brands on the basis of single unit, i.e. foot or meter only.
· LED strips are available on the market in a wide range of colors. There are LED strips, which emit a single color while many other types emit multiple colors.
· Another significant aspect of LED light strips is “color temperature.” The temperature depicts how warm or cold a strip is. The measurement unit is Kelvin. Higher temperature on Kelvin scale depicts cold colors and vice versa. This color temperature is also printed on the packages. These days, color temperature changing devices are fixed with the strips to make them usable under different circumstances.
Different uses of LED light strips
LED light strips are now used in different facilities in homes and commercial places:
· These are used as backlight in signage boxes and hoardings.
· In commercial places like hotels, restaurants and display shelves etc., the lights create stunning impact and mesmerizing environment.
· Home designers and decorators use these lights as a hidden lighting solution using which a place or object is lighted up but the source of lighting remains hidden.
Experts have predicted that the use of LED light strips will increase in the future. Also, further innovation in this field will make the same usable in many new ways. Time is not far when an LED light strip will be an inevitable lighting object for every household and commercial place.Read More